MAJOR MISTAKES!

-Sukanya Singh

It’s been very long I wanted to talk about the matters of concern of the society. This story solely reflects my personal experience. I am sharing some of them here along with my point of view.

‘Parenthood’ is a huge responsibility. It is not at all easy to perform. Introducing a little one to the world and bringing them up with the basic needs, is not the main aspect but how you raise them is something to be given importance to. Are you performing your duties towards your children correctly? Are you making them grow with a peaceful and creative mind? 

The first kind of problem which I want to share is ‘The fight between parents in front of their children’. This is a very important topic on which the parents should give importance to. I remember clearly a small girl from Guwahati, poured out,” My mom and dad use to quarrel always. The situation gets worse when he beats up my mom. I am afraid of him. I fear speaking to him.” Such incidents put a very negative impression and impact on children. They fear sharing love and affection. They fear talking to them. They fear to play with them and in this way they separate them self from their parents. As a result, they end up being someone who do not gather the guts to respect and value them. Such situation damages the normal psychological behaviour of a child.

The second incident is ‘Comparing’. A boy from Bangalore shared that his parents especially his mom always compares him with other children of his age. “Once I got a third prize in a painting competition in school. I was so excited to show the trophy and the certificate to amma and appa. But instead of congratulating me my mom started to complain why did I not get the first trophy like her colleague’s son. She added that I am of no use and will not be able to do anything great in my life.” Such words really break an individual and bring down their confidence level. Such statements bring a number of illogical questions into their minds and fills up with negativity, which actually stops them from doing something good and creative.

The third issue is all about ‘Parents preventing from following passion’. When I recollect the situation I get goose bumps all over my body. A boy from Meghalaya shared to me that he was just crazy for football. He added, “I wanted to go out and play football with my friends but whenever I get ready my mom and dad use to beat me and lock me in my room. They tell me to study, do homework and other assignments. I have witnessed days where I was not provided food even. Their wish was me leaving this hobby and fully concentrate on my studies. Again, if I am not able to bring good marks, they use to keep me outside home sometimes.” he cried. Such mental and physical tortures should not be the tool for the parents to control their child. They should rather encourage them towards studies as well as their hobbies. Preventing someone from following passion or hobbies is not a right way to bring them up. These activities rather help a lot in making a person creative, active and improve concentration power.

The next issue is about ‘Career options’. I have witnessed many of my friends speaking to me about this. One of my friends admitted that, “I was interested in pursuing Commerce stream. My parents forced me to take the Science instead. So I did accordingly. But I am not being able to cope up with the topics and hardly understand some of them. My marks are low and do not know what to do.” This is what happens when parents do not act friendly, fails to understand their children’s abilities and capabilities and rather force them to opt something of ‘their’ interests. As a result a person suffers a lot at home, school, college and in the long run.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you aware about nature’s policy?

BRAND: Choice or Judging Parameter?

Introduction